- Sim does not run faster. I did not yet done through testing, but FPS seem the same more or less, which is good, since at least the new build does not break what already accomplished.
- Sim loads faster. When I say faster I mean real fast. Took me 24 seconds to see my cockpit in a near Ocean area, while complex area, like KSEA took ~55sec which is better then my previous ~80-100sec I had on my 32bit built (x-plane is installed on my SSD drive).
- Airplanes: well, not all airplanes will function once you fire the 64bit version of the sim. You need to understand that some planes have plugins which affected from this architecture bump, but I believe that soon compatible plugins will come out, eventually. I wait for the SASL plugin to be x64 compatible, since many of the new Carenado GAs are based on it.
- Plugins: same as the former, will need to be recompiled with 64bits in mind.
I done some SDK example compilation and it worked just fine.
- MissionX compatibility - I already done some testings with the 64bit build, and I can say that after few code corrections and adjustments, the plugin works and I tested it on a new mission I want to publish... soon (simple, but fun).
Since I did not done any thorough tests I can't be sure that there wont be crashes on more demanding missions and scenarios.
I believe that the 32bit is stable, so you can always download the latest build but use the 32bit as main platform, and the 64bit as a pick into the near future.
Until next time.