Just before the new year I thought to drop by and update with the plugin progress.
As I stated before, all new or modified features should not brake old mission files, this is important since BETA 1 is already out and no one wants to start and re-update his/her mission if the modification to BETA 2 are unnecessary.
Here is a list of what been done to BETA 2:
- New image loader which allow to user bmp(24bit), jpg, png files in your mission (for maps etc).
This is thanks to the fantastic library stb_image by "Sean Barrett".
- Fixed Drop-Object issue regarding failure of mission even if last drop hit the target.
- Added fail_can_continue to drop-able settings - allow the designer to fail the mission if not all drop-able objects hit their targets.
- Added End Widget with "Image" at the bottom, so designer can define a "medal" or what ever for the end of the mission, and only if the mission was success.
- new <mission> attribute: "stage". values are "test" or Empty String ("").
If "test" the the designer option will be checked automatically on mission start. This should help designer to easily test their missions without going to the "option" widget.
The other use, is when releasing a mission, you should delete this attribute so users designer option will be set to "not designer mode".
So BETA 2 introduces some bug fixes and some cool features that should make this mission package more complete, but without sacrificing compatibility.
The last major thing I'll modify is the option to "load/save" checkpoints.
Until Next time