Just wanted to post on a new trigger Element I added to mission-x v2.05 (not published yet).
I was working on a new short mission, and wanted to add a logical event base on DATAREF value, but I also wanted to allow the plugin to fail the mission if simmer did not abide to these rules.
My first implementation of Logical rules was defining a new "logical_target", but I did not implemented failure, though it is possible with some modification to the "event" mechanism. So, I decided it is about time to implement this feature.
- Let the designer define few Logical conditions.
- Since there is no "OR" condition implemented, you need to define your conditions wisely.
- Define "flight_event" trigger to define a Logical trigger based on one or more conditions.
- The "flight_event" does not have a physical or elevation rules, it just exists in the step. Once the simmer exceed the logical rules, the plugin will Abort" the mission.
- Aborting the mission is not mandatory. The designer needs to define this attribute "fail_can_continue=0"
This can be helpful in "flight school" missions, but other then that, there is no point in using this Element if you are not going to "Abort" the mission.
- The name of the element might be changed to "flight_trigger" until I'll publish the next build.
Next build, will probably be 64bit too, but no promises.
Windows 64bit build is ready, but no work was conducted for Linux or OSX.
Until next time