I have just bought an airplane two weeks ago - the C400. It is a well done airplane and its features are top notch.
I was able to fly it two times until the DRM kicked in, and I could not flew it anymore. Now In order to be honest I did activated the plane on three different platforms, but now I'm locked from all of them.
I contacted the support but until now ( almost 2 weeks passed ) no solution have been found, and the support answers arrives every 3 days if I'm lucky.
I did describe my disappointment with the the way the support team are handling my case and did point out the flowed in their system, which are:
- Only one person handles support, the site, the forum and DRM policy.
- The DRM monitor certain motherboard aspects that it does not know how to handle, for example two NIC cards will confuse it.
- If I'm correct you need to re-authenticate your plane every time you fly the airplane (haven't confirmed that yet, since I always had to re-activate it.
- The moderator told me they are working on a site, that will let the simmer auto manage the DRM - in the future.
- The only thing I can do is stare at the plane and wait until the DRM will shut it down.
- The provider did not learn from the gaming industry that DRM can cause more havoc to the reputation of the product and provider.
- To much time is spent on support, which causes to many simmers to be frustrated (I'm one of them).
- DRM in X-Plane is not ripe, and thye steps to handle the open issues are not yet finalize, so why implement the DRM ?
- Think 10 time before buying a DRM airplane no matter how sexy it looks, and how other simmers love it, it just not worth the hassle.
- I'm not going to fly the C400 anytime soon, not because I do not want to, because no one supports me.
This is my own opinion.
Until next time... have great simming