I'm happy to announce that I finally reached the state where I feel good with the current state of the plugin. As an amateur programmer I know there is always room for improvements, but as a parent, I also know that time is limited and free time is not something you have in large quantities.
So here is a list of the things I have accomplished in the last 3-4 weeks between my job, parenting and programming:
- Refined user interface/behavior:
> Re-written "Load Mission" screen - user can see the title of the mission and description of it.
> "floating bar" (candidate 1) - quick access to three main actions:
1. Step description, 2. Toggle map, 3. Toggle Gauge. 4. Toggle debug widget (designer mode only).
> Briefer widget displays "step/objective description" as default info.
- Nicer "End Mission" feedback:
Designer can add a success feedback + trophy or medallion image when mission end successfully.
- Added new image library that allow to load jpg/bmp(24bit)/png texture files - for maps or end mission images.
I believe it will work for 3D Objects too, but did not tested yet.
- Implemented a better checkpoint mechanism so you should be able to continue from the last position and just from the beginning of the step you are in.
- Drop-able objects:
Implemented a simple yet effective way to simulate a dropped object. Though it does not take into consideration wind, barometer density and such, it is yet a nice a edition as a free fall simulation.
Well, I hope to release the Candidate build during weekend and hopefully more simmers will start use and feedback regarding this build.
Until next time